Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Christmas Kitty



I know it's almost a 100 degrees out but I just had to post about our kitten at some point.. and I think this is a good time in spite of this hot weather! 
Maleik.  He brings me so much joy. Peter knows me so well, I am so indecisive but he knew my heart well enough to know that I really did want a kitten for Christmas. He’s our Christmas kitty and he keeps me entertained; he helps me to not be lonely when I’m alone at our house; he purrs and my heart melts.   His name is a combination of being a Christmas gift and of our honeymoon in Hawaii.

Mele Kalikimaka means ‘Merry Christmas’ in Hawaiian

We thought shortening it up a bit was a good idea. He even knows his name now by the way we say it *cue high-pitched voice* and comes running!

In God’s Word it says how He has made everything by Him and for Him.  I truly believe that animals bring out the best and the worst in us.  From the potty training, to the meowing all night, to the constant needing of food and water, and to the days that you just don’t want to deal with them any longer… that requires patience.  It requires self-control, on which a few occasions I have been tested! It requires us to be slow to anger.

All of these things test our faith and help us to remember that we need to rely on God through these little trials our animals take us through.  Maleik continues to teach me how to be patient and gentle with him… and how can I not? He’s so stinkin’ adorable!
Have you ever thought about animals this way, or is it just me?!

3 comments:

  1. So true Stephi-I consider all my animals gifts from God and even pray for them-"There is a verse in proverbs that says, "The righteous man regardeth the life of his beast." The puppy/kitty phase can be trying just as th 'old dog' phase can be. There were times when Charlie got older that it became very trying to care for him but we were committed to giving him the best life possible until the end. It just like caring for an aging parent or baby-it can be trying and exhausting but it is what God expects of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was momma sue

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sue! I never knew that was in Proverbs, thanks! I looked it up and it's Proverbs 12:10 :) Good to know. And yes it is trying sometimes, but Maleik is doing so good!

      Delete