Thursday, July 5, 2012

Taking Care of Myself



Have you ever wanted to sleep the day away? Or do you come home from work feeling exhausted even though you’ve been sitting for eight hours? That’s how I’ve been feeling lately.  I have no energy, no motivation to get up and move, and just “no time” for practically anything!  I feel down in the dumps.  This is when I am reminded that I have a body to take care of… and it’s asking me to do so!  Our bodies get tired if they aren’t prepared to move, to do, to go.  This is why I am committing to taking better care of my body.  Eating right and moving more.

I am absolutely exhausted… from nothing.
And that’s not good!

So I decided to go to the high-intensity training class that my gym holds three times a week.  Good start class, huh?  I basically fell on the floor when it was over.  I am so out of shape (and no I am not overweight, but just because I’m not doesn’t mean that I’m healthy either!) and this class just proved that to me.

We all have to take care of ourselves; to exercise; to eat healthy; to drink more water.  Speaking of water… I only drink about a cup a day, IF that.  I can definitely tell that it affects me. 

Nothing in this life that is worth having, including good health, comes without a cost.  It’s hard work to stay healthy… to say no to that extra helping or to that amazingly delicious milkshake.  It’s hard work to get up off the computer to go for a walk or go to the gym.  I struggle with the latter and it’s something I need to work on while I’m still young; to make it a part of my life.  It’s funny how you know when you need to change things in your life but it’s so hard to just CHANGE.

Change is hard, but I need to do it.  I need to take care of myself... don't we all?
What is hard for you to stay disciplined at doing?  What helps you to get motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment